We knew we were in for a good time when two little kids next to us on the crowded sidewalk started shouting "the hoards! the hoards!!"
My friend Catherine and I innocently went to Silver Spring last night to watch Dawn of the Dead at the AFI. On our way to the theater, we were met with hundreds of zombies! Turns out it was the annual Silver Spring Zombie Walk, and it was a blast! Not only did these colorful creatures invade downtown Silver Spring, but they also attended the screening of Dawn of the Dead. (Their organizers actually had it worked out with the AFI and a lot of local businesses - kudos on all the great planning! That took a lot of work and was totally worth it!) To all you zombies out there, thank you for not eating me or my camera. For all you viewers, I'm very sorry about the shakiness. I only have a regular Canon camera, so it isn't all that stable or clear for night-time zombie filming.
A word on the dialogue: Catherine and I were talking as we watched the zombie parade, but some of our comments may be cut off/out of context. The "sign" I mention on the zombie's head says "I am a Zombie". Catherine is also posting this clip and possibly another one or two that I took, so check it out on her site here. I'll be doing a review of Dawn of the Dead, but really wanted to share this first. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment